Patio de la Acequia

Hi again!

Right now I´m building a 3D-version of the Patio de la Acquia (photo reference)

As you can see, there´s still a lot to do. I have to model all the plants, set up a particle system in combination with a blob-object to get some nice water-sprinkler-effects and so on....

The tiles on the roofs gave me a hard time, because I wanted them to be real 3D-Objects instead of using a displacement map. The main problem was that they all would use the same map if I would have used instances. And if every tile would be a single mesh the scene would become far to heavy. So I used a "Material by Element"-Modifier which works great in combination with a multi/sub-material. This way I can use mesh-instances and multiple maps at the same time.


For all other objects, like this archway, I use displacement- and normal-maps for the details. The gear-looking bulges are done by a procedural displacement-map and the ornaments by a normal-map.


Texturing a complex model with a lot of details like this takes more time than I ever thought. Diffuse-, Bump-, Normal- and Spec-Maps, AO-Pass, Camera-DoF, Lighting...and not to forget the final compositing of all render-passes in PS to achieve a most realistic look. That´s a lot of work for one final shot *g* But like all things in life, you just have to get used to it ;-))

EDIT: This scene is on ice for now :( With all the plants added, the scene is far to big for my PC and I need more RAM to render it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment